Wednesday 15 February 2012

Shades of Blue

I was in the mood to use my favourite colour today ... blue! 

Whilst blog hopping I happened upon a card by Maile Bells on her post HERE. She had used the masking technique and it had me thinking I hadn't used this technique in a while.

So combining some shades of blue to stamp the pocket watch image from TIME and a little masking I came up with this get well card. 

I love one layer cards as it makes posting them out super easy! I added a metal clip to the top right just for a little added interest but I wished I'd put it the other side now I look at the photo while I type! Oh well, next time!




Such a super simple & relatively quick card to make if you need a masculine get well card. The most time consuming part of the card is cutting the mask out, but the pocket watch is a reasonable size so it only took minutes! I used 3 inks from SU! Marina Mist, Pacific Point & Night of Navy and I love how they sit together. 

This card could easily be suitable for a lady just by switching the colours for pinks or purples & adding a little loop of ribbon instead of the metal.

One more thing before I go to have my tea, did you see THIS over on The Stamp Attic Blog? Yes, I'm out and about again & this time I will be demoing Uniko Studio Stamps at The Stamp Attic on March 10th! 

I'd LOVE to see you so pop on by if your in the area - there's other stuff too going on in the shop! Fun Huh! 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Bev! I love those soothing shades of blue. I too have a card whipped up using your fabulous stamps that features a masking technique (will share it this weekend!)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimes :) It makes me smile that you love to use Uniko stamps! I look forward to the weekend to see what you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beverley! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated