Tuesday 10 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 10

Hey!

Welcome back again to my second post for the day. If you missed the first which is an introduction to a new clear stamp set being released tomorrow, you can catch up on it HERE. There is also a mini blog hop as a few of the Uniko Studio Design Team and Guest Designer for December Gillian are helping me introduce this little set too.

Anyway, I am here now with Day 10 of my Countdown to Christmas and today I have a little boxed gift ensemble to share with you...




It is essentially a box of cards for a variety of occasions, mainly birthdays which I've packaged in a nice simply decorated acetate box. Which you can see in the photos above and below. 




This is a Christmas gift for a friend of mine who loves my handmade cards. I thought it would be a nice gift to make for her to then use for friends and family whom she sends cards to. It is also another creative & thoughtful gift for any card maker / paper crafter to make which doesn't have a huge cost impact and like most people on a budget when it comes to gift giving. 

I decided on three of my favourite card designs I have made this year using one of my favourite sets Flower Power #2 and I created two colour versions of each of the cards apart from this first card design...




Again, like my Christmas cards I shared HERE the other day, I have finished the inside of the cards  and the envelopes by reflecting a small portion of the design & colours to add interest.




Design number two...




With matching envelope...



The second colour way and inside detail...




Design number 3 shown in both colour ways and envelope detail...




I also added my details Uniko Studio & website address, so that the recipient knows who created them and gives a professional finish. I got these stamps made some time ago when I was at University and the company I used no longer exists, but there are other small companies on eBay who create custom 'Handmade By' stamps.




I hope this has inspired you to put all those handmade cards to good use with a reasonably priced packaging idea. I have listed all the supplies below. 

That's all from me today, I will be back tomorrow at 9am with the Release & Reveal Day Blog Hop and again at 2pm with my next Countdown to Christmas project. Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies:
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! Smokey Slate, Pool Party. White from stash. Papertrey Ink
Ink: Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade, Regal Rose, Going Grey & Blushing Bride. Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz. VersaMagic Sea Breeze. VersaFine Onyx Black.
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Acetate Boxes & Envelopes. Hero Arts Prisma Glitter. Stampin' Up! Candy Dots

8 comments:

  1. WOW Beverley, these are so gorgeous. I love all the colors. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think this is such a good gift idea and maybe gives me an excuse to make even more cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Beverly and a fabulous idea. Please let me know if you have templates for your boxes or where I can get them - they are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Alanna, Jane and Sazzle: GORGEOUS gift, and a fabulous gift idea! A box of home-made cards is something nearly everyone can use - and an 'excuse' to make more cards sure works for me! LOVE this project; LOVE x LOVE your cards!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards for a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely thoughtful gift and it showcases flower power perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous set, Beverley! I love what you've done and the packaging is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning gift! All the designs are great, simple but with wow factor. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated