Friday 13 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 13

Hey & Happy Friday 13th! 

I'm back today with my Countdown to Christmas project and today it's all about having some FUN! 

The festivities surrounding the holidays means many different things to different individuals, for some it is the religious meaning and reflecting on that. For some it could be spending it with family or friends and for others like Children it's all about the FUN and that can include us BIG kids too! So whatever Christmas is to you, take a minute to stop and ENJOY! 

So, what do I enjoy? I enjoy making things and joining in on paper crafting challenges and checking out other peoples creativity. I took some time today to indulge in this hobby of mine and join in on a couple of challenges and make a FUN Christmas card...




I started out with the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch! HERE and seen below. When I saw it I immediately related the overlapping circles to snowflakes. Honestly I can't stop reaching and using snowflakes! It's OK though as lots of challenges are incorporating snowflakes too like the CASology challenge HERE






As you can see I went a little wild and decided to step away from traditional Christmassy Snowflake colours on my card! Thats where my FUN element is :) It came about whilst I was die cutting some snowflakes for more heart snowflake decorations I shared HERE. I had some little squares of Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores & Smokey Shadow felt which were the perfect size to die cut some little snowflakes. 




I drew a faint pencil line and randomly stamped the three tiny snowflakes from Stunning Snowflakes across the white card layer and added my sentiment at the bottom. I then used some wet glue to add the felt snowflakes and added a good dollop of Stickles to the star centre of each for that added bling! 

The result, not your traditional Christmas snowflake card! But I sure had some FUN making it :) That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then have a lovely day & thanks for stopping by.

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash. PTI Smokey Shadow
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz. VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Stunning Snowflakes
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies Snowflakes & Stickles

12 comments:

  1. Your non-traditional colours work like a charm: sooooo pretty! Keep those snowflakes coming!! This is a fun, festive card indeed!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the snowflakes look great in felt! The pink colour is amazing. Very cool and funky card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the colours you've used and the lovely felt snowflakes add so much dimension. You know that this fits the latest CAS-ual Friday challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Wow and WOW - Another great card Beverley and think you'll be onto a winner with the challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this.It is beautiful Bev. In fact, have loved all of the cards that you have made this season with the Stunning Snowflakes set - got major hopes that there will be some serious CASEing going on in my house this weekend!! Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and love the colours very nice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooooooooh just perfection for BOTH, I am squeeling!!!!
    Love how you always pick such interesting lovely colors! Thanks for adding this wonderful loveliness to the CASology Gallery and joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Bev and the felt snowflakes. I wish I got the dies with the stamps. ;) Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love the fun colors and your use of felt. Very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bev, what a fun, festive snowy card! I adore the colorful felt snowflakes! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and great job. Love your color combi. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated