Wednesday 5 February 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues - Pattern Tastic!

Hey!

I think I'm back in the creative groove, it's been a while since I dedicated a block of a few hours to sit and create and I've missed it! I've been working hard creating samples to share with you for the ever approaching February Release and also creating projects for the two classes on Saturday at The Paperlane. There is one space left in each class see the Classes & Demo page HERE for the details.

Anyway, I found a little time to squeeze in a card for the newest challenge in town called Cure for the Monday Blues & hosted by the awesomely talented & very creative DT member Taheerah. Be sure to stop by Taheerah's BLOG for all the details.

This week the inspiration is THIS pattern tastic inspiration photo...




Now I couldn't resist joining in with this one! I instantly reached for my loved but neglected Background Builders: Chevrons set to start this card stamping it repeatedly in black ink onto a rectangle of white CS. I then used my Spica at you pens to add a splash of colour. 




Before adhering the rectangle on an angle to the base card I stamped the base card with the grunge circles from Background Builders: Round In Circles and added a die cut star stamped with a sneaky peek of a new set coming your way very soon! 




Ok, that's all from me today, there is much inking & stamping to be done! Until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: Sizzix Framelits Star Dies & Spica at you pens

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Bev, that's SUCH a great take on the inspiration photo (which scared me off this week, by the way ;)!!! Full of edginess, modern and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen! Don't be scared!! I know it looks all big and black but beyond that there are so many great options with it!!

      Delete
  2. Such a brilliant take on the inspiration photo (I'm with Colleen - it's daunting!)! Colourful chevrons, cool circles, the subtle star...you've created one groovy card here!! Another visit here - another day brightened!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was *so* happy to see your card appear in my link-up Bev! I can't tell you how it made my heart swell! <3

    Love your bold and bright card! So many great coming-togethers of patterns and colours - just awesome! Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Beverley, so glad you were able to get some time to do wonderful crafting! I can't wait until the release come out! Your designs are always such loveliness!
    This card rocks the bold striped and patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated