Tuesday 3 June 2014

Butterflies & Ditsy Florals!

Hey!

I'm back today with a card I made yesterday during my afternoon crafty session :) It's lovely to indulge once in a while and spend a few hours not doing anything but the thing I love most - making cards! Of course I love running the business and my other passion of designing, but sometimes I just want to sit and create and time doesn't always allow. 

Anyway, how about the card...




The current challenge over at 'Less is More' HERE is to use more than one stamp. With that in mind Background Builders: Vines came to mind ;) Lots of ditsy florals to stamp! I combined them with a sentiment from Flower Power #1 and the Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies.




Over the weekend I treat myself to some lovely new ink pads from Make the Day Special, they are the Avery Elle pigment inks AND they are lush! I chose just 5 of the colours to start me off and of course chose my 3 'go to colours', Aquamarine, Raspberry & Mimosa! I added in a lovely bright green called Lemon Grass and a Grey called Fog. I've used all 5 on todays card :)

Ok, that's all from me today, I've an appointment with the midwife this morning and then the window fitter is coming to measure up! I'm hoping to then squeeze in a little time in the studio before I head out to my United In Birth hypnotherapy & relaxation session :) 

Tomorrow we have the winner of Uniko Studio Challenge #9 Guest Designing for us and giving you some inspiration for the current challenge HERE. Be sure to pop by and give our guest some love. Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Smokey Slate. PTI Raspberry Fizz & Soft Stone & White from stash
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black. Avery Elle Fog, Raspberry, Aquamarine, Lemon Grass & Mimosa
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies & Rhinestones

9 comments:

  1. Ouch ... stunning Beverley and the perfect choice of stamps for the LIM challenge. Loving your colour scheme and layout as always.
    Thanks for sharing and taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again a card that makes me feel happy all over! Your bed of flowers for the lovely vellum butterfly is absolutely stunning! Perfect card for the challenge and for brightening my day! Good luck with all the appointments today; how you're feeling great! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and great colours Beverley
    Margaret x (Guest Designer LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design! Those Avery Elle inks look great too. Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of beautiful placed little flowers! A sunny card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovey card, I love the colours and the butterfly. Helen T No. 84

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it Bev.. hope you are the bumps are well
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev this is so pretty,!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so delicate and very pretty Bev!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated