Thursday 8 June 2017

DT Inspiration - Stamps and Matching Dies

Hi it's Jane here and today I'd like to show you some ways to use Bev's wonderful stamps and their matching dies.

I'm steering clear of the new Originally Organic dies as Bev has already featured them HERE. So I'm focussing on the other dies in the Uniko collection.

Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum ~ Designer Paper


So easy! I just stamped onto paper and then use the die to cut out the flower. What could be simpler than that?

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Pure Florals: Chrystanthemum 
Die: Uniko Pure Florals: Chrystanthemum
Ink: SU, wisteria wonder; Versamark, clear
Embossing: Ranger superfine, white 

Pure Florals: Gerbera ~ Off The Edge


One of the beauties of using a matching die is the precision of the cut. So yes you can fussy cut after stamping, but somehow my cutting never seems to give such a neat and even result. And with the flower and leaf protruding off the top edge of the card it's bound to be what the eye keeps looking at all the time. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Pure Florals: Gerbera, Sentiment from Pure Florals: Cosmos
Die:  Uniko, Pure Florals: Gerbera
Inks: SU, rose red, old olive

Beautiful Blooms I ~ Stacked


When a die set contains the same die in differnt sizes it's easy to create a card with a little bit of a raised effect. I chose to stamp in two different colours for both the flower and the leaves and stacked them up using glue. You could use foam pads if you wanted even more of a raised dimensional look.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Beautiful Blooms I, Simply Said
Die:  Uniko, Beautiful Blooms I
Inks: SU, melon mambo, calypso coral, wild wasabi, cucumber crush 

All three of the stamps and matching dies that I've used can be bought separately or as a bundle. Go check them all out in the Uniko shop - HERE.

Thanks for your time today and I hope I've inspired you a little.

post signature
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome fresh inspiration Jane using these older clear stamp sets and matching dies. Loving the patterned paper and colours you have used for the Chrysanthemum and the 'off the edge' style of the Gerbera. The stacked blooms are stunning and I'd never of thought of stacking the leaves before. Thank you for this :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated