Sunday 18 March 2018

DT Inspiration - Glowing Stars with Stencil and Stamps

Good morning to everybody on a happy sunday!

I'm Wiebke, one of the four girls from the new Stencil-DT and I'm so happy to be part of this great team now!
Since I discovered stencils some years ago I love to play with pastes! Great reason to let out my muddy-me! For a really long time I hadn't recognized it's also possible to use stencils also with other mediums like  inks or pencils... For today I used different stuff - pasts, ink and more.

I wanted to show you something different that hopefully is new to most of you!
Have you ever worked with Glow-in-the-Dark products yet?
What's a perfect shape for glowing products? - Yes! Stars!
Great there are several star stamp sets and also the new star stencil available in the Uniko Store!

In my supplies I have two different  mediums I want to show you here: a "Glow-in-the-Dark Embossing Powder" from Wow! and a "Glow Glitter" from Advantus, which I combined with a translucent embossing paste.

*1*
For the first card  I used the new Seeing Stars Stencil with a mix of clear embossing paste and glow glitter. 


It's so easy to combine embossing pasts with colours, glitter or other medias - if you never did it, you should give it a try! Just be brave! The results are even more individual and you can create almost every effect you can imagine!

I started with a small portion of paste and added always a bit of glitter, mixed it in with my palette knife and repeated this several times until I recognized a good, still soft consistency (important: it shouldn't be not too dry - then it might fall of the paper after drying). To get a really good glowing effect I added some more of the glitter on top of every wet star. Some of them I coated with Glossy Accents after their drying time to get different optical dephts for this starry sky (and also to avoid falling off glitter).


When everything was dried I used some Gelatos, a brush and water to colour the background in a watercolour look. I used a lighter and a darker blue and violet (they have no special names, but I have took them out of a set with 12 bright Gelato colours).

I heat embossed my sentiments out of the Set "Reach for the Stars" - the text in white on dark blue cardstock and the Stars in gold on vellum. The vellum I fussycut out, adhered it also on the blue cardstock and fussycut it out again with a visible small blue edge. The starry background is also framed with the blue paper - I adhered both flat on my cardbase. Both sentiment-elements wer adhered with a thin 1 mm foam tape.


On the inside of the card I completed the sentiment in VersaMark - onyx black ink and embellished it with the star trail of the "Reach for the Stars" set in Distress Oxide Ink - fossilized amber .



*2*
For my second card I used the "Background Block - Stars" Stamp twice on one paper with Versamark Ink,  and covered it with the "Wow! - Glow-in-the-Dark" regular Embossing Powder and melted it.
You can see the glow in every aggregare state.
My blue paper was blended with blue, black and purple Distress Oxides before I stamped the stars - the embossing powder needn't be used only on white paper.


To create my card I decided to cover the border of my cardbase with a silver hologram  tape - so it's sparkling always - in daylight with the tape, in the dark with the stars!

The Star paper is adhered with a 2 mm 3D-tape on the card base.
To cover the line between the two times stamped BG block I created a banner with the same inks and a sentiment of the "Reach for the Stars" stamp set. After framing it with the holo tape I adhered it flat on the raised background.


To finish the card I used some punched white stars in the left bottom corner and one directly beside my sentiment. This one is also heat embossed with the glow-powder.

Great hologram sparkling

The only problem was, to get good and sharp pictures of the cards when they glow in the dark - also with a tripod! I'm so sorry for this! But they both really do glow beautyfully!
(I'm thankful for every idea about taking better pics in the dark!)


Hope I could inspire you to give this special stuff a try!
On the creativation  2018 were new glowing products released so it might be easier to get them now - hopefully all around the world! (I bought mine one or two years ago and it took a while to find them here in a German online shop without the super-expensive US shipment costs. But it was woth the searching time!)


You will see me again soon with my Reminder Post for the new Uniko Spring Challenge and also with a planned Uniko Blog Hop (pssst - that's a peek right now). - Stay creative!

Greetings from  *Wiebke*

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Wiebke ! Two great cards with two unknown products for me. I'm sure they look gorgeous in the dark, and I'm sorry I do not have better idea for picture in the dark than the tripod ! Love also the hologram tape. Thanks so much for sharing two new techniques to use with stencils !

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated